Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service involves storing and/or sharing certain web content on a server administered by a hosting provider. There are different groups of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a gaze at these. In that way, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to set up a web page, e-mails, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by given firms, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting solutions are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a given spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely distorted explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between different groups of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a large quantity of pictures with mates or associates since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to tackling your mail aliases. Some firms provide website hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you wish to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to use as many videos as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to own a website. To some extent, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mails, upload video clips, and so on. At Duo Servers, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular content solely.